Sunday, March 1, 2009

I am from usa.How can i live in Egypt for 6 month? Is there a visa for this amount of time


I am from usa.How can i live in Egypt for 6 month? Is there a visa for this amount of time?
I am engaged to be married to an Egyptain man. But we will not marry right away. I have visited him in egypt before. But the distance is killing both of us. We would like me to come and stay in Egypt til our marriage. But i can only find tourist visa's that are good for 30 days. Is there another way for me to be able to go and stay there? I have heard of people visiting Egypt and deciding to stay there for long periods of time. So im just trying to figure out how they did this. I dont want to give up my American Citizenship But i loved being in Egypt. I loved the culture and the people.
Egypt - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think u can buy a visa at Egypt's airport. I am Egyptian but was born in USA and do not carry an Egyptian passport but I came to Egypt and I have been there for more than a year now. I think u can just stay there for as long as u want, all u have to worry abt it booking the ticket. u dont need to give up ur USA citizenship AT ALL!!! where did u get such info from??!! enjoy it in Egypt!
2 :
You can renew your visa many times. I think after 6 months you'll be asked to show a better reason to stay. A marriage paper can be a good reason. Take care if your fiance is not thinking seriously about marriag, take care then. Good luck and welcome in Egypt
3 :
Visas are good for 90 days (so that's 3 months). Check out this information that I got off of the US State dept website... EGYPT - *Passport and visa required. Visas may be obtained upon entry from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration or most major ports of entry. Entry visa is required for any foreigner arriving in Egypt for purposes other than tourism (e.g. work, study). Tourist visas (single-/multiple-entry) are valid for 90 days. HIV test required for study and work permits. Dependents are no longer exempt—spouses must also get tested, as well as any children aged 15 or older. Students are exempt from visa fees. For specific requirements, consult the Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt, 3521 International Court, NW, Washington, DC 20008 (202/895-5400) or the nearest Consulate General: CA (415/346-9700), IL (312/828-9162), NY (212/759-7120), or TX (713/961-4915). Internet: www.mfa.gov.eg or www.egyptembassy.us
4 :
I went to egypt and i got a tourist visa in the airport in cairo. That was good for 90 days. I decided to stay longer though so we just went to renew it. I think we got it renewed for a year. It was very easy. Good luck!
5 :
You can get your visa extended in the immigration department. Just take your intended spouse and he can explain things to them. They will stamp your passport with an extension. After you are married, you can get an indefinate one. I went and married my husband in Alex. I was there for 5 months. It was easy. Just go in, tell then you want to stay longer and what for, and you are finished. Easy. I love it there too. I cried for hours after I had to leave to come back to the US. I want to go back so badly. I might nevre leave it again.
6 :
it's easy to get the visa for long time , there is many ways to get it,you're welcome
7 :
www.internationalliving.com www.visajourney.com checkout both of their forums







Read more discussions :